18 Jun 2014

Kitchen Adventures : Mini Cheese Scones

Now these were rather scrummy. Even though I had planned for them to be for little one - well I couldn't resist and they were bitesize. Plus they were super quick to come together.

I used the following recipe (well thereabouts anyway)

250g self raising flour
pinch of salt
50g butter
25g grated cheese
150ml of milk

Add the flour, salt and butter to mixer - combine until butter is mixed with the flour (like breadcrumbs) Add cheese and milk and mix. Once just combined remove dough and roll out until about half inch thick. Cut out scones and bake. I used a stoneware pizza tray for baking. Bake in the oven until golden - for about 20 minutes on about 180c.

Little one loved these warm with a little butter spread on them too. Whereas I ate them as bitesized snacks - everytime I walked past. Whoops

1 comment: